Some facts about franchising:
What makes Bulldog different from other fitness centers?
- the opportunity to be your own boss, and build your own successful business based on your hard work
- Your success is enhanced by the successes of other franchisees
- Consumers are drawn towards a well established brand and tend to have more confidence in something they recognize, and Bulldog Interactive Fitness Inc. ® offers that advantage
What makes a Bulldog franchise a good investment?
- It's simple really - everything!! From the equipment to the trainers' philosophies to the target market, everything about Bulldog is unique and has never been introduced into the market before.
- Unlike many other fitness facilities, Bulldog Interactive Fitness ® is JUST FOR YOUTH. This isn't their parent's gym! We use a combination of interactive fitness equipment, circuit resistance training tailored to youth, games, activities and group sports. Kids get results physically, mentally and emotionally within a short period of time…self-esteem is built right along with their fitness level!
- Bulldog Interactive Fitness ® creates an individual workout for each member…no cookie cutter solutions here. From inactive and overweight youth to sports enthusiasts looking for the "edge" to pre-schoolers and kids looking to improve fitness and meet a new group of friends, Bulldog Interactive Fitness is there to create and monitor their workout so they see results and never get bored.
We have a system that works!
What does my franchise and royalty fees pay for?
- We have taken the guess-work out of designing programs that show results…we have seen the success that our members have experienced and we know that it works. Self-esteem rises as their health improves. Our systems are effective and improve your chance of success.
- You will be professionally trained and we will help cover all aspects of business including general business, sales and marketing, nutritional guidance, and exercise principals and techniques. You will spend time - A LOT of time - on the floor gaining hands-on experience…we don't lock you away for a week in a class room.
We understand that our success is directly determined by your success, and we are committed to supporting you. Our services do not stop after your Bulldog Interactive Fitness club is up and running.
What is the cost of opening a Bulldog facility?
- We provide phone or email support in order to answer your questions
- You will receive ongoing marketing material designed to generate new business in a ready-to-use format that is easily customized
- You will receive a monthly newsletter that includes ideas like new programs for members, cost cutting ideas, revenue generating ideas, ideas to boost membership sales and to improve services to club members, and information on trends in the youth fitness industry
- Franchisees will be encouraged to share success stories in order to help everyone succeed… what works for one franchisee may work well for you
- Access to programs, as well as administrative and operational systems
- Location counselling and lease negotiation assistance
- Store design and equipment layout guidance
- Equipment ordering guidance
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Operations Manuals
- Representative on-site during opening
- Periodic evaluations and ongoing support
- Informative publications
- Website support
Most locations cost between $250,000 and $400,000, depending on the style, design, layout, size and location of your club. This would include the franchise fee.
- Initial franchise fee of $34,900
- Travel expenses and accommodation for attending training
- Site selection
- Leasehold improvements
- Leasing or purchasing equipment
- Hiring employees and operating the facility
- Monthly royalty fees of 7% of gross monthly sales
- Paying 2% advertising fee into national advertising fund
Do I need business or fitness experience?
No. Of course, if you have it, it doesn't hurt! When you purchase a Bulldog Interactive Fitness franchise, we assume that you love being around youth and you have a desire to make a positive change in their lives. We don't have to sell sugary snacks to be financially successful in the youth market today. We approach training as if you know absolutely nothing of the youth fitness market or business, no matter what your background lies in.
We train you on everything you need to know both on the floor and behind the scenes and you'll be given all the tools and guidance necessary to open and successfully operate your very own Bulldog Interactive Fitness gym!
If you could list the first 5 attributes that a potential Bulldog franchisee MUST have, what would they be?
Will I need to undergo a criminal background check?
- Passion for working with youth
- Energy and creativity
- Interest in, and empathy for, each member - know their names and why they are there!
- Desire to succeed
- Dedication to lifelong learning
ABSOLUTELY! As will all of your employees. Parents appreciate this and it is only a minor inconvenience.
If I fill out the application, will you contact my employer or anyone listed on it?
No, not until we decide to proceed to the next step - and certainly not without your approval.
What if I fill out the application and change my mind, am I obligated in any way?
Absolutely not. Bulldog Interactive Fitness Inc. is not obligated to sell you a franchise, and you are not obligated to buy a franchise just by filling out the application form. Applying is risk-free.